Feast and spend - DCA Food and Wine Food Guide
One of my favorite events at Disney California Adventure is about to start once again! February 28th through April 21st will see the return of the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival and we're here to help walk you through the many options available. There also seems to be a lot more plant-based, vegetarian, and gluten-friendly options this year, so be sure to check those out. It's always nice to see more of those options included. We've posted about some of the experiences you won't want to miss, now here's a deeper dive into the food itself.
First up is your Tasting Passport, which you'll want to have with you as you travel through the park. It will contain every menu throughout the marketplaces, and will also have information on exclusive merchandise and other fun things. You'll also have the option to purchase the Sip and Savor Pass, which allows you to go through the festival with a souvenir lanyard and credential with eight pull-off tabs. You will use these tabs as coupons to redeem for select food and beverage options at varying festival locations. You can purchase the Sip and Savor Pass at Elias & Co., Festival Gifts and Marketplaces, Kingswell Camera Shop, Rushin' River Outfitters, Seaside Souvenirs, the Sip and Savor Cart, and the Studio Store in Hollywood Land. At the time of posting, we do not know the price of the Sip and Savor Pass, but we will update this post when we do.PRO TIP: One thing to keep in mind is that if you see a long line at one booth, don't hesitate to order any item you want from any booth. So look for the booth with the shortest line to order your food!
In addition, be sure to check out mobile ordering as well! Various quick-service stops around the park will have items up on the Disneyland App for mobile ordering, so check if those items you're looking for are listed and save yourself some time that way.Our team will be at the opening of the event which is Friday, February 28 and will update this guide with additional photos and info.
Now let's jump into the food and drinks!
Nuts About Cheese Marketplace
I'm personally super excited to try out that Banoffee Tart and the Honey Bourbon Lemonade. Both seem refreshing on a warm day and look like the perfect way to treat yourself to something sweet.
Uncork California Marketplace
- California Artisan Cheese with Central Coast Creamery Holey Cow Swiss and Vintage Cheese Co. Cabernet Cheddar (Vegetarian)
- White Wine Flight
- Malibu Rocky Oaks, Sauvignon Blanc, California
- Rombauer, Chardonnay, Carneros
- Francis Ford Coppola Winery, Sofia, Rose, Monterey County
- Red Wine Flight
- Erath, Pinot Noir, Oregon
- The Prisoner, Red Blend, Napa Valley
- Quilt, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley
- Road Trip Mimosa Trio
- Pacific Mimosa
- Mojave Mimosa
- Sierra Mimosa
- Chandon Brut, Sparkling Wine, California
Golden Dreams Marketplace
Chicken and Waffles are one of my favorite treats, so this is one stop I'm going to definitely have to line up for. I'm also glad to see that both of the non-alcoholic drinks look lovely as well, and definitely have them on my list to try.
California Craft Brews Marketplace
- Pepperoni Pizza Egg Rolls
- Triple B Cocktail with Beer, Bourbon, and Berries (Alcoholic)
- Beer Flight - Fun with Flavor
- Mother Earth Orange Vanilla Cali Creamin' Ale
- Black Market Cucumber Sour
- Golden Road Strawberry and Pomegranate Balboa Blonde Ale
- Aftershock Guavaaah! Hazy Pale Ale
- Beer Flight - Bigger & Bolder
- Bootlegger's Rocco Red Ale
- Stereo Perfect Day IPA
- Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing Hazy IPA
- Karl Strauss Wreck Alley Imperial Stout
- Backstreet La Calleja Mexican-style Lager
- Boomtown Ingenue Belgian White
- Divine Science Event Horizon Blonde (Gluten-Friendly)
- JuneShine Acai Berry Hard Kombucha (Gluten-Friendly)
- Meiomi, Rose, California
- MacMurray Ranch, Pinot Noir, Central Coast
- Joel Gott, Cabernet Sauvignon, California
This sounds like a great booth for anyone interested in trying different beer and wines, but since I'm not much of a beer or wine gal myself I might skip over this one personally. However, that Kombucha does sound very tempting!
One in a Melon Marketplace
Who knew you could make so many different types of flavored foods with watermelon? I didn't! I'm super excited about that Pabana Cream Puff, and the Watermelon Agua Fresca sounds so nice and refreshing.
Peppers Cali-Ente Marketplace
LA Style Marketplace
Ok, first off, that monkey bread sounds mouthwatering delicious, and second I haven't met a pretty cocktail I didn't like. The Blue Angeleno looks both gorgeous and delicious. I'm adding a whole lot of sweet things to my list, but let's just drop that Amaretto Cold Brew to the list as well, because I can't pass up darn near anything with Amaretto in it.
Avocado Time Marketplace
Off the Cob Marketplace
I'm a big sucker for macarons, and it seems like every time I'm at the park I end up getting a new one, so add that chocolate Mickey macaron right onto my list.
I <3 Artichokes Marketplace
- Ranch Fried Chicken Wings with Buffalo Hot Sauce Drizzle
- French Onion Grilled Beef Tenderloin Slider
- Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch
- Kronenbourg 1664 Blanc Witbier (Limited-Time Offering)
- Craft Micheladas, Beers, and Flights
- Pizza Port Honey Blonde Golden Ale
- Golden Road Pineapple Cart Wheat Ale
- Lost Coast Watermelon Wheat
- King Harbor Cerveza Hermosa Mexican Amber Lager
Berry Patch Marketplace
Well, I've just found one of my home away from home booths! Everything here sounds delicious, and I love me a good hard seltzer, so I can't wait to partake in what this marketplace has to offer.
Garlic Kissed Marketplace
Paradise Garden Grill
- Impossible Meatball Submarine (Plant-Based)
- Beer-battered Fish Tacos, with Karl Strauss Follow the Sun Pilsner-infused Batter
- Brisket Sliders
- Brisket Fries
- Black Forest Parfait
- Watermelon Vodka Lemonade
- Matanzas Creek, Sauvignon Blanc, Sonoma County
- Deschutes Pacific Wonderland Lager
- Sudwerk Marzen Amber Lager
- Berry Spectacular Cookie Shake (Non-Alcoholic)
I think any year I've gotten to experience the festival, Paradise Garden Grill has had exactly what I'm looking for in a meal. Those Brisket Sliders and Brisket Fries sound delightful, and that Black Forest Parfait? I guess I've got my dessert picked out too!
Paradise Beer Garden
- Smog City Little Bo Pils Unfiltered Pilsner
- Ayinger Brauweisse Hefeweizen
- Chihuahua Guava Lime Suprema Low-Cal Lager
- 2 Towns Outcider Hard Cider
- Karl Strauss Practice What You Peach Sour
- Bottle Logic Marcelin Muffin Blueberry Imperial Blonde
- Enegren Valkyrie Alt Bier
- Figueroa Mountain Point Conception IPA
- Lost Winds Whirlpool Galaxy Double IPA
- Allagash Black Stout
- Twisted Horn Raven's Claw Apple & Boysenberry Mead
- Founders Backwoods Bourbon Barrel-aged Scotch Ale
Outdoor Vending Carts
- Savory Empanada with Chipotle Crema Sauce
- Sweet Empanada with Caramel Sauce
Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta
- Chocolate-Hazelnut Cheesecake
- Leading Role Lemonade - Gin with Lavender Lemonade (Alcoholic)
- Opening Night Cocktail - Banana Whiskey with Cream Soda (Alcoholic)
- Movie Star Mule - Whiskey with Black Cherry and Ginger Ale (Alcoholic)
- On-Location Libation - Stone Peak Conditions IPA with POG Juice (Alcoholic)
- Backlot Michelada - Tomato-based Michelada with Modelo (Alcoholic)
- Modelo Especial Lager
- Hangar 24 Passion Punch Gose
- Stone Peak Conditions Hazy Double IPA
- Honest Abe Limoncello Hard Cider
- Bottle Logic Emerald City Raspberry Pina Colada Hard Seltzer
- Supporting Role Lemonade - Lavender Lemonade (Non-Alcoholic)
I'm really glad to see that there is a non-alcoholic version of the lavender lemonade! I made like the fancy drinks, but it's nice to have something delicious sounding to relax with that doesn't include alcohol in it. The Sweet Empanada from the Outside Vending Carts sounds wonderful as well!
Hollywood Churro Cart
- Churro topped with Peanut Butter Cream, Chocolate Icing and Chopped Peanuts
This both looks and sounds amazing, but that's going to be a mess to eat. Someone, please bring me a bib, because this is going to get messy, but be so worth it.
- Almond Mocha Shake
- Almond Mocha Affogato
- California Cheesesteak
- Italian Meatball Sandwich
- Bavarian Pretzel with Cheese Sauce
- Triple Chocolate Brownie
- Sandy Beach - Green Apple Vodka with flavors of Seat Salt Caramel (Alcoholic)
- Catalina Island - Vodka and Passion Fruit with flavors of Rasberry Lemonade and Lime (Alcoholic)
- Sparkling Greyhound - Vodka with flavors of Grapefruit, Chamomile, and Cardamom (Alcoholic)
- Pineapple Passion - White Rum with flavors of Pineapple and Passion Fruit (Alcoholic)
- Firestone Walker Rosalie Beer Rose
- Francis Ford Coppola Winery, Sofia, Brut Rose, Monterey County
- Chandon Brut, Sparkling Wine, California
- Selection of Craft Beers and Ciders
Pacific Wharf Coffee Cart
- Tropicalifornia Tea Cocktail with Berry Vodka, Green Tea, Pineapple and Orange Juices (Alcoholic)
- Fruitful Green tea with Berry, Pineapple, and Orange Juices (Non-Alcoholic)
Pacific Wharf Distribution Company
- Karl Strauss Crazy Eyes Doppelbock
There are so many delicious offerings within Disney California Adventure. I can imagine having to make multiple trips just to try all the things that might end up on my list! DCA aren't the only ones getting in on the fun, however. Let's jump over to Downtown Disney and see what they're offering during the festival!
Downtown Disney District Offerings
Don't have a park ticket? Feeling left out? New this year to the Food & Wine Festival is several restaurants at the Downtown Disney District, who are joining in on the fun with special offerings available only during the festival.
Ballast Point Brewing Co.
- Smoked Salmon Crostini: Whipped Ricotta, Smoked Salmon, and Basil Pesto
- Burrata: Burrata, Prosciutto, and Balsamic Gastrique
- Hand-shucked Oysters with Champagne and Black Pepper Mignonette
Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen
- Creole Cobbler with Beefeater Gin, Santhenay Creme de Peche, Fresh Lemon Juice and Orange Bitter
Splitsville Luxury Lanes
- Surf & Turf Slider Duo: Salmon Slider featuring house-made Salmon Patty, Sriracha Aioli, Red Onion, Butter Lettuce, and Heirloom Tomato, and Filet Mignon Slider featuring Beef Tenderloin, Bearnaise Sauce, Arugula and Oven-Roasted Tomato
Salt & Straw
- Apple Pie with Beecher's Flagship Cheesecake: Warm-spiced Apple Pie Ice Cream with Beecher's Flagship Cheddary Cheesecake
I'm so happy to see Salt & Straw get in on this, as they are one of my favorite places to visit in Downtown Disney. The Ballast Point Burger also looks amazing, so maybe I'll get lucky enough to try both of those before they're gone.
Disney Ticket Deals!
For a limited time, Get Away Today is offering savings of up to $86 on 3-Day Disneyland Tickets for kids ages 3 - 9. Valid on travel now through May 21, 2020, this deal is good on all 3-Day tickets, including 1-Park per Day, Park Hopper and tickets with Disney MaxPass. Tickets must be used within 13 days of use or on May 21, 2020, whichever comes first. It is the lowest price you'll see on child tickets this year!
Best of all, these savings can be combined with other offers! Include a hotel with your vacation package and you can use code MICECHAT for an additional $10 in savings.
Southern California Resident Offer
This Spring, Southern California residents can save up to $106 on adult 3-Day Disneyland tickets for travel now through May 21, 2020. For residents who reside in zip codes 90000-93599, 3-Day Disneyland tickets for both adults and children can be purchased for less than $67 per day - that's LESS than purchasing directly with Disney and includes downloadable coupons a free Chatbooks photo book. Or, upgrade to Park Hopper tickets with or without MaxPass. Either way you'll save $106 per adult and $86 per child.
These tickets can be used any time between now and May 21, 2020. Come for Rise of the Resistance and Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival. Consider adding a discounted hotel stay and enjoy a fun-filled and affordable staycation. Get this deal HERE for a limited time.
- You can save even more with our promo code when you book a 2-night stay with at least two tickets. USE CODE: MICECHAT
Let Us Hear From You
With so many food and beverage choices this year, how are you going to decide what to put on your wish list? Did you have any favorite items from last year? What looks good to you this year? Let us know in the comments.
Rio may live in the Midwest, but she loves to keep tabs on all things Disney. For Rio there is no happier place on Earth, and she always feels artistically inspired when she gets a chance to visit a Disney property. She had dreams of working for Disney Animation growing up, and her appreciation of Disney's artistry has only grown since.
More News in food
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. - General Mills is hoping you'll shell out for a complete breakfast in a box by offering a $13 box of cereal to consumers. The cereal is called "Morning Summit" cereal and is more
By Tom Bell - Assistant Editor Posted on The return of the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival is just a week away and we now have menus for the Festival
Some people cough up thousands of dollars for designer clothes, bags and shoes - but designer cookies? The limited edition packs of Oreos, designed by streetwear brand Supreme, are such a hit, some are willing
Breaking news: Say goodbye to cheap pizza and hot dogs at the Costco food court-that is, if you don't have a membership. It appears the big-box store is cracking down on allowing non-members the ability